The Scouts are getting into grid computing - yes, it seems that "Dyb dyb dyb" now means "donate your bits". Scouts all around the world are being encouraged to join a team that's donating its spare CPU cycles to the World Community Grid, which provides processor power for medical research. "We are calling upon current and …
Takes you back doesn't
"Dyb dyb dyb" hasn't been used for 40 years - glad to see TheRegister doens't retire its old staff :p
Vulture Central III
Before you join the Scouts team, don't forget that you might want to join El Reg's very own team
and boost the current ranking:
Total Run Time (y:d:h:m:s) (Rank) 85:090:13:09:54 (#99)
Points Generated (Rank) 25,282,476 (#102)
Results Returned (Rank) 99,235 (#91)
We need a client
Shame no one bothers to do a "wx widget free" PPC client that WOULD be used by AmigaOS4 users
A thousand of us would immediately switch over from DnetC to WCG.
And (hopefully) that userbase is soon to (dramatically) grow.
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network