The Scouts are getting into grid computing - yes, it seems that "Dyb dyb dyb" now means "donate your bits". Scouts all around the world are being encouraged to join a team that's donating its spare CPU cycles to the World Community Grid, which provides processor power for medical research. "We are calling upon current and …
Takes you back doesn't
"Dyb dyb dyb" hasn't been used for 40 years - glad to see TheRegister doens't retire its old staff :p
Vulture Central III
Before you join the Scouts team, don't forget that you might want to join El Reg's very own team
and boost the current ranking:
Total Run Time (y:d:h:m:s) (Rank) 85:090:13:09:54 (#99)
Points Generated (Rank) 25,282,476 (#102)
Results Returned (Rank) 99,235 (#91)
We need a client
Shame no one bothers to do a "wx widget free" PPC client that WOULD be used by AmigaOS4 users
A thousand of us would immediately switch over from DnetC to WCG.
And (hopefully) that userbase is soon to (dramatically) grow.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON