Nokia is on the verge of launching its own iTunes-like music downloads service, if rumours are correct. Online reports suggest the handset vendor is to unveil the service later this month, alongside two new music-oriented handsets. Speculation has it that Nokia will unveil the service on 29 August at the Ministry of Sound …
Is it just me or...
Does the 82 (right) look disturbingly similar to an iPod?
Looks like a mobile phone to me, with a camera. Real question is if we'll get to download Lordi's Eurovision entry for free!
Tit for tat
Apple muscled in on Nokia's turf now Nokia is doing the same to Apple.
It's 1920's Chicago all over again.
IIRC, a company called OD2 provide some software for music downloads, Nokia have bought them a while back and the software is supposed to be added into new versions of the PC Suite.
OD2, (Peter Gabriel set it up didn't he?) have been hiring dev people for some time for this now.
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan