Nokia is on the verge of launching its own iTunes-like music downloads service, if rumours are correct. Online reports suggest the handset vendor is to unveil the service later this month, alongside two new music-oriented handsets. Speculation has it that Nokia will unveil the service on 29 August at the Ministry of Sound …
Is it just me or...
Does the 82 (right) look disturbingly similar to an iPod?
Looks like a mobile phone to me, with a camera. Real question is if we'll get to download Lordi's Eurovision entry for free!
Tit for tat
Apple muscled in on Nokia's turf now Nokia is doing the same to Apple.
It's 1920's Chicago all over again.
IIRC, a company called OD2 provide some software for music downloads, Nokia have bought them a while back and the software is supposed to be added into new versions of the PC Suite.
OD2, (Peter Gabriel set it up didn't he?) have been hiring dev people for some time for this now.
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too thick to handle email
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?