IBM has reorganized its System i product and management team into two new organizations, the Business Systems unit, and the Power Systems unit. The company stated that its System i business has split into two distinct client segments—large enterprise and small and medium business—each with its own set of requirements, and that …
It's a reverse of Shakespeare
(Since I work for IBM I'm going anonymous here.) The iSeries faithful should fear not. This is NOT a case of 'we come to bury Ceasar, not to praise him.' It's always been hard, internally, for the champions of smaller business and bigger business inside the iSeries organization to set a course that made sense for both parties. This is a good deal for customers.
I'd have thought the IBMer would at least use the current label of System i rather than iSeries. Anyway it's an AS/400.....
Damn right, I don't care what anyone says, it's AS/400, RS/6000, S/390 all the way.
iSeries just makes it sound like a Mac.
Also Marathon, Opal Fruits etc...
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- Reddit users discover iOS malware threat
- Pics R.I.P. LADEE: Probe smashes into lunar surface at 3,600mph
- Ex–Apple CEO John Sculley: Ousting Steve Jobs 'was a mistake'