IBM has reorganized its System i product and management team into two new organizations, the Business Systems unit, and the Power Systems unit. The company stated that its System i business has split into two distinct client segments—large enterprise and small and medium business—each with its own set of requirements, and that …
It's a reverse of Shakespeare
(Since I work for IBM I'm going anonymous here.) The iSeries faithful should fear not. This is NOT a case of 'we come to bury Ceasar, not to praise him.' It's always been hard, internally, for the champions of smaller business and bigger business inside the iSeries organization to set a course that made sense for both parties. This is a good deal for customers.
I'd have thought the IBMer would at least use the current label of System i rather than iSeries. Anyway it's an AS/400.....
Damn right, I don't care what anyone says, it's AS/400, RS/6000, S/390 all the way.
iSeries just makes it sound like a Mac.
Also Marathon, Opal Fruits etc...
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops