Bluetooth version 2.1+EDR has been approved, tweaking the pairing system and reducing power consumption, as well as bringing in support for NFC pairing. Pairing, the process of linking together two Bluetooth devices, still confuses many consumers so has been the focus of several improvements to Bluetooth over the years. This …
as easy as tapping the two devices together
Picks up printer. Drops on keyboard. Nah, that didn't work.
But pairing security is still lacking...
Now if only they'd come up with a more secure way of pairing devices whose passcodes are harcoded as all-zeroes! I can't be the only person avoiding Bluetooth because of gaping problems like this.
Afraid someone on the train is going to hijack your bluetooth mouse? :-D
- Apple stuns world with rare SEVEN-way split: What does that mean?
- Special report Reg probe bombshell: How we HACKED mobile voicemail without a PIN
- RIP net neutrality? FCC boss mulls 'two-speed internet'
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call
- Pic Tooled-up Ryobi girl takes nine-inch grinder to Asus beach babe