Bluetooth version 2.1+EDR has been approved, tweaking the pairing system and reducing power consumption, as well as bringing in support for NFC pairing. Pairing, the process of linking together two Bluetooth devices, still confuses many consumers so has been the focus of several improvements to Bluetooth over the years. This …
as easy as tapping the two devices together
Picks up printer. Drops on keyboard. Nah, that didn't work.
But pairing security is still lacking...
Now if only they'd come up with a more secure way of pairing devices whose passcodes are harcoded as all-zeroes! I can't be the only person avoiding Bluetooth because of gaping problems like this.
Afraid someone on the train is going to hijack your bluetooth mouse? :-D
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great