Bluetooth version 2.1+EDR has been approved, tweaking the pairing system and reducing power consumption, as well as bringing in support for NFC pairing. Pairing, the process of linking together two Bluetooth devices, still confuses many consumers so has been the focus of several improvements to Bluetooth over the years. This …
as easy as tapping the two devices together
Picks up printer. Drops on keyboard. Nah, that didn't work.
But pairing security is still lacking...
Now if only they'd come up with a more secure way of pairing devices whose passcodes are harcoded as all-zeroes! I can't be the only person avoiding Bluetooth because of gaping problems like this.
Afraid someone on the train is going to hijack your bluetooth mouse? :-D
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Man buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- First Fondle Reg journo battles Sydney iPHONE queue, FONDLES BIG 'UN
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS