Bluetooth version 2.1+EDR has been approved, tweaking the pairing system and reducing power consumption, as well as bringing in support for NFC pairing. Pairing, the process of linking together two Bluetooth devices, still confuses many consumers so has been the focus of several improvements to Bluetooth over the years. This …
as easy as tapping the two devices together
Picks up printer. Drops on keyboard. Nah, that didn't work.
But pairing security is still lacking...
Now if only they'd come up with a more secure way of pairing devices whose passcodes are harcoded as all-zeroes! I can't be the only person avoiding Bluetooth because of gaping problems like this.
Afraid someone on the train is going to hijack your bluetooth mouse? :-D
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast