back to article Parliamentary committee: let hybrid embryos be

The parliamentary committee set up to examine a proposed bill on embryo research recommends the government relax the current ban on hybrid embryos made up of both human and animal genetic material. The hybrid embryos would only be allowed to divide for 14 days for research purposes and not implanted into a womb. The report said …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Andy Bright

Phew!!

Me and the wife have been arguing over whether we get a dog or have a baby. Hybrid embryo - sorted, everyones happy. And of course DogBoy will make the perfect West Ham supporter when it grows up.

2. John A Blackley

Birth certificate?

The talking heads debated on whether or not to amend birth certificates to include the fact the sperm or egg donation had been involved. Why?

We're talking about a certificate to register the facts of the birth, not the facts of the conception. What possible purpose is served by including the method of conception?

Taking this another step, should we look forward to additional methods of conception being listed - e.g. "Condom burst", "Overuse of banana daiquiris", etc.?

3. Chris Goodchild

Cert

Firstly , Mr Blackley shares my thoughts exactly.

Secondly, I disagree with Andy Bright and his wife, doesn't he realise the risk of having his ankles bitten if he refuses some whim of the `child´? Plus if he wants to take his offspring out of the UK for a holiday, the cost of shots and a dual pet/child physiometric passport will be prohibitive and of course the alternative , kennels with a childminding licence will be not only difficult to find but expensive!

4. Jon Tocker

Birth Certificate 2

@Mr Blackley - a few more:

"Wife shagged the postman", "Lied that (s)he was on contraception", "Can't remember - still high/hungover"...

This topic is closed for new posts.