The FCC has decreed that Americans will have the freedom to connect any device and any application to a prized portion of the country's wireless spectrum. But Google's still grumbling. Today, following the lead of Chairman Kevin Martin, the Federal Communications Commission attached an "open-access requirement" to a portion of …
So Google NEEDS to bid now.
It's time for Google to put their money where their mouth is. If they REALLY care about open access to this section of spectrum they now need to bid for and win as much of it as possible to deliver on that idea on their own.
to google or not to google?
yep id rather have google than any traditional telcom.
Their not completely about profit, new ideas, information is the new profit..
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Analysis BlackBerry's turnaround relies on a secret weapon: Its own network
- Hire and hold IT staff in 2015: The Reg's how-to guide