Our mobile phones will be slimmer, 3G-enabled and sporting 3D fascias. That's if your expectations are based on handsets now available in Japan, where NEC has just unveiled the world’s slimmest clamshell handset for the W-CDMA network that features a stereoscopic fascia. The rectangular N704iμ handset, which has just gone on …
An NEC phone
I had a NEC phone years ago and liked it. Showing my techno ignorance here but I still get along just fine and dandy with a Nokia 6310i. Have you seen how much they go for on eBay? Crikey.....
Anyway, that's not the point.
I've seen the iPhone thing, not impressed.
I've read about the mini projector in a phone, yaaawn
And you can FRO Motorola with your razor rubbish
But this I like.
It touches buttons on a purely silly level like the surfacing and lovely slimness. Wonderful.
I want one. In red. Now.
So it doesn't have a 3D screen, or camera, or sound, just a fucking hologram casing?!?
Stupid stupid article.
This looks just like an updated N412i.
I actually prefer the old look: less blingy, but a nice tecno look.
Lets hope they improved the camera quality a lot..
3D My Royal ***
And I thought there was another dimension to be found in that tiny thing.
How many of those slim thingys will be broken in two by being put in a rear pocket and sat upon a few minutes later ?
I wonder if it'll be available..
...in a 3D Burberry finish. NEC needs to tap into the chav market if they want to compete in the UK!
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Yes, UK. Johnny Foreigner has better mobe services than you