Apple guru Steve Wozniak and Red McCombs, a co-founder of advertising behemoth Clear Channel, are backing an internet start-up which uses compression to improve online videos. Currently being used to run a site for flogging secondhand cars, they believe the high quality videos can be used in various ecommerce sites. Hotswap …
Clear Channel advertising behemoth?
Clear Channel may sell a lot advertising space, but not advertisements. Clear Channel is a primarily radio/billboard company, owning thousands of radio stations and billboards. They also own TV stations but are in the process of selling the division off...
which uses compression to improve online videos.
so they are divX clips then?
Also benefactor of the University of Texas Red McCombs School of Business and attempted purchaser of an NHL team (can't remember which one, a Canadian one, IIRC).
Someone once called Clear Channel the Microsoft of radio, but they're more like the Walmart. And all the Democrats in Congress point at them as a reason for more regulation of the airwaves.
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices