Apple guru Steve Wozniak and Red McCombs, a co-founder of advertising behemoth Clear Channel, are backing an internet start-up which uses compression to improve online videos. Currently being used to run a site for flogging secondhand cars, they believe the high quality videos can be used in various ecommerce sites. Hotswap …
Clear Channel advertising behemoth?
Clear Channel may sell a lot advertising space, but not advertisements. Clear Channel is a primarily radio/billboard company, owning thousands of radio stations and billboards. They also own TV stations but are in the process of selling the division off...
which uses compression to improve online videos.
so they are divX clips then?
Also benefactor of the University of Texas Red McCombs School of Business and attempted purchaser of an NHL team (can't remember which one, a Canadian one, IIRC).
Someone once called Clear Channel the Microsoft of radio, but they're more like the Walmart. And all the Democrats in Congress point at them as a reason for more regulation of the airwaves.
- SMASH the Bash bug! Apple and Red Hat scramble for patch batches
- BENDY iPhone 6, you say? Pah, warp claims are bent out of shape: Consumer Reports
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9