After a spate of data losses traced to the use of Winny filesharing software in various sensitive Japanese environments (military warships, hospitals, police departments), it has been reported that a Japanese police officer has been sacked over a disclosure where several thousand sensitive police records went missing from his …
The real threat is ...
Rep Henry Waxman and the rest of the House Committee on Judiciary Reform are whining about how P2P is a deadly threat to national security. In the meantime, without any of that nasty stuff, almost a million names and PII are leaked. Company confidential information is leaked. All sorts of good stuff is leaked. Not because of P2P, but because of sloppy data management. If you don't want confidential information to leak out, DON'T PUT IT ON A PUBLICLY ACCESSIBLE COMPUTER!!!
BTW, SAIC does security consulting for the DoD.
You'd think a DoD contractor would be wiser than to do that ... even the dumbest finantial institucion knows that this is a no-no.
SSL is easy to implement, hell, there is SSH with SFTP and such ... why oh why did they do it the insecure way???
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast