Feeds

back to article FBI asks Congress for phone record slush fund

National Public Radio reported this week that the FBI has requested $5.3m from Congress to pay telecommunications companies for customer data, funding a massive database that would provide agents with convenient access to customer phone and email records. Just in case. The request provides the legal coda to the controversial …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

The President Who Would Be King

The Daily Show savaged Gonzales. Watching Gonzales twist and turn in on himself like a snake protecting itself from attack really laid bare the attempted coup d'etat Bush and his administration have perpetrated. I've read the Bush family have direct ancestral ties with members of past British royal families. With Bliar in tow maybe it's all been a conspiracy to install the British Monarchy in the White House? I'm so glad I'm not an American right now.

Why would they bother

Why would they bother given the sweeping powers granted to them under a number of bills prior to change of Congress from Republican to Democrat Congress last November , and for the only Telco man that had the balls to quote the law in their face to say no is currently fighting nonsensical charges , that will tie him up in the courts for the next few years!

Some how I get the feeling , this is a form of black funding , for another nefarious and illegal job of a different kettle of fish , for after all their current master Chairman George, is a true master of political double speak , in which he offers no apologies , and says one word for public consumption , where as in reality he is travelling 180 degrees in the other direction on an another road , and the corporate mass media only print his propaganda!

Yes , there is more here , then meets the eye!

Anonymous Coward

Monarchy in the White House.

"With Bliar in tow maybe it's all been a conspiracy to install the British Monarchy in the White House? "

Can't we install the Queen in Number 10 first? I'd trust her more than Brown or Cameron.

In fairness, I'd vote for a sack of drunken monkeys over Brown or Cameron.

It makes me feel great

I feel great knowing that I'm paying the government to spy on me. "Here's some money, can you please read up on me? Great, thanks."

Just as long...

> In fairness, I'd vote for a sack of drunken monkeys over Brown or Cameron.

Just as long as you wouldn't vote for George W. Bush over Brown or Cameron.

I'd certainly vote for Brown, Cameron, the Queen of England, or a sack of *dead* monkeys over George W. Bush.

-fred

That's the public amount

$5.3M is the publicly stated amount. There are plenty of budget items that simply say "CLASSIFIED", with no recipient or amount. And they don't even say how classified.

The Republicans have gone through and trampled one set of my rights. Now the Democrats will come in and take the rest.

Hell, I can't even move to Fiji!

This topic is closed for new posts.