Boat-shy dolphins could soon be located via software that identifies what the species is by listening to the individual whistles the marine mammals make. According to a new study by the Acoustical Society of America (ASA), identifying different types of dolphins could help observers monitor any fall in the number of sightings …
And what, pray tell, is the connection of this story to The Register's journalistic mission?
Not one single mention of the iPhone, Steve Jobs, Fanbois, stunning talented over-jubbed papparazi fodder, BOFH, ROTF, nor s*x with oth*r sp*cies, unless.... Ah "whistling" = "blowing."
You almost had me there.
I've given up waiting for my man portable nuclear powered personal jet car, but this story gives me hope that marine mammalians may yet see the dawn of a stirling technological era. Gawd bless 'em.
How long before they're equipped with "frickin' lasers" though? this is clearly what the world needs.
So then I says to Mable I says....
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops