Orange and Sony Ericsson have gotten together with Channel 4 to launch "mobileACT Unsigned": a competition to find the best unsigned band in the UK. Noting the scarcity of talent shows on TV, particularly ones where the viewers get to vote on the bands playing, mobileACT Unsigned allows bands to set up MySpace-like sites, …
Along with other horrible words...
..please can gotten and got be banned. They're both ugly words often used as a shortcut by people too lazy to correct their grammar. Gotten is particularly ugly with its American twang.
Will our votes count?
This sounds like a fantastic idea - just what the viewing public need I bet. I hope we can vote for our favourite act by mobile shortcode or some other premium phone based service!
And all are votes can be counted, so that the genuine winner is able to loft their victory crown knowing that the Great British Public have spoken.
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging