Intel has slashed the price of a number of its desktop and mobile processors, but the cuts, while deep, aren't as extensive as anticipated. However, the move confirms an aggressive pricing plan for the chip maker's 1333MHz frontside bus parts. The headline reduction is the 50 per cent Intel knocked off the price of the four- …
Phasing out only ?
I'm not that convinced that Intel would want to "drive the rapid adoption of these chips, allowing it to phase out the older models quickly". It makes no sense to lower the price of more recent gear below older gear if that is what you wanted. You'd rather lower the older stuff to ridiculously low levels to get rid of it.
And, to me, they would have to go much lower before they meet AMD's price level. Agreed, Intel's chips are faster. But that's it. For a handfull of money, there is still more AMD than Intel. Conceded, i am no gamer, and a low-end AMDx2 suits perfectly well outside of the world of Vista for all my needs.
Actually, and here comes my suspicion, maybe Barcelona isn't all too bad. It would make quite some sense to get the freaks into the mood of buying cheap 1333 gear, before they could ever ponder of going back to the previous market leader, AMD.
Where is the price chart?
It would help if you would include a table showing each CPU, the old price and the new price.....
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES on 24 July
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR