Virtualization has become somewhat of a Wild West for the data center market, promising streets paved with gold for IT groups - and endless riches for the vendors hawking this new-age server slicing technology. But as the virtualization frontier swells with shops and vendors staking claims to their real estate, it's clear that …
Virtual != Secure
With all of the security offered by VLANs/PVLANs, I could see why Cisco would be racing to devalue that multi-million dollar security investment in the Data Center. But it has been 5 years, so everything must be better now;
I think the next step up from 2.0 will be something non-numerical, such as LX, SX and so forth, or colours. Perhaps, instead of "Data Center 4.0", we might see "DCQuadMAXXXX", or "Data Center Delta".
Or "Data Center (Reprise)". Perhaps "Data Center (Movement IV: The Revealing Science of God, inc. Dance of the Puppets)".
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – on PCs, slabs and mobes
- Major problems beset UK ISP filth filters: But it's OK, nobody uses them