Virtualization has become somewhat of a Wild West for the data center market, promising streets paved with gold for IT groups - and endless riches for the vendors hawking this new-age server slicing technology. But as the virtualization frontier swells with shops and vendors staking claims to their real estate, it's clear that …
Virtual != Secure
With all of the security offered by VLANs/PVLANs, I could see why Cisco would be racing to devalue that multi-million dollar security investment in the Data Center. But it has been 5 years, so everything must be better now;
I think the next step up from 2.0 will be something non-numerical, such as LX, SX and so forth, or colours. Perhaps, instead of "Data Center 4.0", we might see "DCQuadMAXXXX", or "Data Center Delta".
Or "Data Center (Reprise)". Perhaps "Data Center (Movement IV: The Revealing Science of God, inc. Dance of the Puppets)".
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs