Virtualization has become somewhat of a Wild West for the data center market, promising streets paved with gold for IT groups - and endless riches for the vendors hawking this new-age server slicing technology. But as the virtualization frontier swells with shops and vendors staking claims to their real estate, it's clear that …
Virtual != Secure
With all of the security offered by VLANs/PVLANs, I could see why Cisco would be racing to devalue that multi-million dollar security investment in the Data Center. But it has been 5 years, so everything must be better now;
I think the next step up from 2.0 will be something non-numerical, such as LX, SX and so forth, or colours. Perhaps, instead of "Data Center 4.0", we might see "DCQuadMAXXXX", or "Data Center Delta".
Or "Data Center (Reprise)". Perhaps "Data Center (Movement IV: The Revealing Science of God, inc. Dance of the Puppets)".
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Feature Be your own Big Brother: Monitoring your manor, the easy way
- Boffins say they've got Lithium batteries the wrong way around
- In a spin: Samsung accuses LG exec of washing machine SABOTAGE
- Phones 4u slips into administration after EE cuts ties with Brit mobe retailer