AMD is gearing up to launch its fastest dual-core Athlon 64 processor yet, it has been claimed. Such a product would be handy: last week, the chip maker admitted its Phenom won't appear in significant volumes until Q1 2008, later than previously thought. According to Taiwan-based industry moles cited by local newssite DigiTimes …
What I would do
if I had tones of Venture capital to invest, would be invest in AMD's fab processes and up their manufacturing capability tenfold.
AMD has been hurt to many times buy their inability to get fab up and running quickly. In this regard, Intel has them handily beat. With volume can come lower prices.
Then its time AMD do some real marketing for a change.
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices