Intel told the best possible second quarter story, and few investors listened. Wall Street pushed Intel shares down almost five per cent during Wednesday's trading. Investors seemed most concerned with the lackluster gross margins Intel reported. Meanwhile, the analyst crowd actually appeared to side with Intel's spin on the …
Intel isn't giving AMD time to breathe
Intel can carry on at this pace indefinitely. While AMD is *close* to unveiling Barcelona at a slower-than-expected clock-speed, Intel is ramping up 45nm production.
Don't forget that Intel is preparing for a new mobile chipset, has gobs of cash, and fabrication/distribution isn't an issue.
Meanwhile, AMD is floundering in debt, falling behind it's own schedule, and falling even further behind Intel.
As a geek, I enjoy the competition and do not have a favorite (I type this on a machine with an AMD CPU). As an investor, Intel is clearly in the lead and the difference is only increasing.
I picked up some INTC months ago and have not regretted it.
- Comment Renewable energy 'simply WON'T WORK': Top Google engineers
- Useless 'computer engineer' Barbie FIRED in three-way fsck row
- Game Theory Dragon Age Inquisition: Our chief weapons are...
- 'How a censorious and moralistic blogger ruined my evening'
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web video' cannon to SINK Netflix