Intel told the best possible second quarter story, and few investors listened. Wall Street pushed Intel shares down almost five per cent during Wednesday's trading. Investors seemed most concerned with the lackluster gross margins Intel reported. Meanwhile, the analyst crowd actually appeared to side with Intel's spin on the …
Intel isn't giving AMD time to breathe
Intel can carry on at this pace indefinitely. While AMD is *close* to unveiling Barcelona at a slower-than-expected clock-speed, Intel is ramping up 45nm production.
Don't forget that Intel is preparing for a new mobile chipset, has gobs of cash, and fabrication/distribution isn't an issue.
Meanwhile, AMD is floundering in debt, falling behind it's own schedule, and falling even further behind Intel.
As a geek, I enjoy the competition and do not have a favorite (I type this on a machine with an AMD CPU). As an investor, Intel is clearly in the lead and the difference is only increasing.
I picked up some INTC months ago and have not regretted it.
- Does Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked