back to article DARPA robo-bug to start bugging once bugs are worked out

Harvard boffins have achieved a significant milestone in their quest to build robot flies which could be used by the government to really bug people. MIT's Technology Review reports that a team of brainboxes led by Professor Robert Wood, one of America's top artificial-insect men, has achieved the first flight of a "life-size" …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

Why bother?

I'm sorry, but does this sond like another peice of useless technology, destined to forever be almost-off-the-drawing-board.

Wouldn't it be make more sence to develope something more useful, like bigger robots for use in construction or something? I mean, if you've ever realy seen a fly 'flying', you may have noticed that even they can't fly properly.

It does have one merit however. Modify a fishing rod so that a battery in the handle provides power to the line, attach the fly to it, and spy on the fish! None air breathers, there upto something i'm sure of it.

Anonymous Coward

Wow

A certain scene from the fifth element springs to mind, where is my boot!!

Silver badge

And where is Qinetiq whenever you need IT?

If ever anyone needed proof that Skunk works, there you have it ..... http://www.skunkworks.net/

And just to think that the British are getting all up tight about IT. What a load of hypocritical plonkers, eh, who can't see the wood for the trees.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums