Mobile operators have reported increased revenue from services other than SMS in the first quarter of 2007 when compared with the same period last year. Global mobile data revenues from services other than SMS (short message services, or text messaging) exceeded $10bn in the first three months of the year, according to Informa' …
What are non-SMS revenues?
If SMS revenues comprise:
- sending SMSs
- paying for things using SMS
then what are non-SMS revenues. I guess they include:
- laptop data cards
- email (blackberry)
- subscription services
I would love to understand the split of these revenue streams but have never found the numbers anywhere.
I suspect that "paying for things using SMS" is not included in the figures quoted.
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Review Best budget Android smartphone there is? Must be the Moto G
- NSFW Confessions of a porn site boss: How the net porn industry flopped
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene