Mobile operators have reported increased revenue from services other than SMS in the first quarter of 2007 when compared with the same period last year. Global mobile data revenues from services other than SMS (short message services, or text messaging) exceeded $10bn in the first three months of the year, according to Informa' …
What are non-SMS revenues?
If SMS revenues comprise:
- sending SMSs
- paying for things using SMS
then what are non-SMS revenues. I guess they include:
- laptop data cards
- email (blackberry)
- subscription services
I would love to understand the split of these revenue streams but have never found the numbers anywhere.
I suspect that "paying for things using SMS" is not included in the figures quoted.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Tor attack nodes RIPPED MASKS off users for 6 MONTHS