Yahoo! today reported a slight drop in quarterly profits from last year, but a figure in line with previously lowered expectations. The company's second quarter results are the first dose of earnings to arrive since co-founder Jerry Yang replaced Terry Semel as CEO. Yahoo!'s net Q2 income was $161m, matching market estimates …
Ok, this just needs to be said. When doing an article about Yahoo!, is no longer funny to give the article titles using exclamation points after every word. Leave some punctuation for the rest of us.
Well, no question they are changing a lot...
Speaking as a Y! drone, I can't say that everything is going to improve, but they sure are changing things fast. Loads of management fired etc. I still wonder if the fundamental issues have been fixed, eg a) crippling over review of all decisions on the grounds of financial probity and "value for money" and b) complete incompetence on the financial side, where raising a PO is a nightmare and then getting it paid to a supplier is worse.
Hang on, the old CFO is now president. Nope, not much change there then :-(
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for those too stupid to use email
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?