Apple will release a second-generation, lower cost iPhone in September for an iPod-like price of $249-299 - if a Chinese-language newspaper report citing Taiwanese industry moles is to be believed, that is. The story - relayed by local newssite DigiTimes - goes along these lines: supplier Wintek has been contracted to make …
If only this Iscepiticisim (tm) would take off...
All this talk about Iphone 2.0 is just more evidence of the hype trap Apple has gone and walked into. Its was only out a day, and people wanted the sequel....
Time to start an Iphone Rumour of my own. Apple is the secret partner in talks with Branson about buying Virgin Media. Every Virgin Media (soon to be AppleVision) will get a special version of the Iphone II which has VOIP as well as GSM/UMTS (3g) capabilities. Users will be able to seamlessly switch between a VOIP call over WIFI to the GSM/3g network.
What? Too OUtregous. Just cos I dont work for the times its not going to be taken seriously? Its just as silly as most of the other rumours.
I can hear the screams from hear to Cupertino. The mobs will line up outside the gates, pitch forks and torches (the kind with flames) in hand.
If they came out with iPhone 2.0 two years from now, the early adopters would shrug it off. But if the new model comes out before the end of the year, people who just popped $500-$600 for one will probably swear off Apple. Maybe not today, but I'll bet they won't buy a second iPhone.
Re: Oh Sure
Right- like theyve stopped buying updated iPods, Macs or on a more general tack, automobiles.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...