Domain name scammers are once again targeting UK firms. Typically, the scam, which is still under investigation, starts with calls to domain owners warning them that a variant of the domain they own has been bought by a third party. Prospective marks are invited to outbid these third parties by placing higher bids with domain …
I still get them
I still get these "somebody wants to register mydomain.us" or .biz or .info. I even received one about a month ago with regard to .co.uk. Since I do security for a living, I knew better. But there are, I fear, those who will fall for this. Thanks for giving this some press. Too bad everyone here already knows not to fall for it. Right?
Considering Nominet offers to let me reregister any .co.uk domains I let lapse for the bargain price of just 80 quid, I think them accusing others of sharp practice is really rather special.
Re: Pot. Kettle
Errr... you can just renew them with the company that registered it for you (or the company whose tag the domain is on rather). Nominet charge £80 + VAT to discourage direct registrations, you always have a choice to renew/register with someone else.
- Updated Hidden network packet sniffer in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Students hack Tesla Model S, make all its doors pop open IN MOTION
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion
- US judge: YES, cops or feds so can slurp an ENTIRE Gmail account