Apple's online AppleStore - it's US incarnation, at least - has temporarily shut its doors to customers pending an update. This typically happens when the Mac maker's just about to announce new products. As we wrote earlier, it's unlikely to be a new, smaller, cheaper iPhone, but in this business you never say never. The most …
US up, UK down
US shop now up and running, UK site down for update...
I really think Apple would be so stupid as to announce another version of the iPhone less than a month after the first one shipped. Do you people actually read what you're writing anymore?
Reveals The Reg for the self-hating Apple fanboys that you've become.
You don't have to hate yourselves because you like well-designed digital devices, leave that to the basement-dwelling nerds.
The US Apple Store is now back online.
Cannot see any obvious updates to the products on the store. Has any eager eyed beaver spotted something I have not?
Store is down?
Seems to be working fine for me. No back soon message like I'd expect.
Quick glance of the store shows nowthing out of the ordinary - though granted I've not checked individual product pages.
Looks like they've finally upgraded the hard drive in the AppleTV.
There is a shiny 160GB version for £269.
I noticed the refurb store has had a facelift yesterday.. could well have been that?
The AppleTV had the 160Gb drive added about a month ago, but they didn't seem to make a huge fuss about it.
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking 'Crescent Bay' prototype
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Oh God the RUBBER on my SHAFT has gone wrong and is STICKING to things