Intel has apparently announced its long-awaited mobile Core 2 Extreme gaming processor. It's a dual-core chip clocked at 2.6GHz and with 4MB of shared L2 cache. Like Intel's regular Core 2 Duo mobile CPUs, the X7800 - as the new model is dubbed - is fabbed at 65nm and operates on an 800MHz frontside bus. Its 2.6GHz clock …
So Intel is back in the track to 180W heaters?
Extreme heat, extremely short battery life
"Now you can play a DirectX 10 game on your laptop*
*) for 10 minutes."
So will it be Intel or the poor laptop manufacturers that have to honour all those warranty claims that will result from users' over enthusiastic experimentation with the clock speed. One too many megacycles extracted = more heat than a mobile device can cope with = short processor life.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.