Canadian company Datawind unveiled its second-generation PocketSurfer handheld gadget for web browsing, and while its pledge that the device brings with it fast wireless access for free stretches the meaning of the word, it comes pretty close. Datawind PocketSurfer 2 Datawind's PocketSurfer 2: eBay on the move? First, the …
N800 or 770 instead?
It's no competition for an N800 Bluetoothed into a 3G handset then. Even a 770 will give it a run for it's money by the sound of it, especially when Expansys are selling the 770 for £65.
It's cheaper, but you get much, much less. You can't do voice or voice over IP, no local applications, out of Orange coverage it's a doorstop.
Hmmm, no wifi == no sale
Put Wifi in this unit so I don't have to pay a monthly fee on top of my ISP charges, and it's a winner. As it sits, however, it looks like more yuppie bling to me - mostly useless flash, intended to impress one's equally-shallow friends. I'm sure Paris Hilton will have one as soon as she can get it.
Can I get text off it?
Any file storage locally, and can I get text files off the thing? Like a mini-alphasmart? That would be useful. Without wifi I can't see me using the Web bit much.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests