Itheon has brought out a compact version of its network emulator technology for developers who need to check how their games or applications will perform in the real world. Based on Windows XP-Embedded, the portable device allows users to simulate WAN connections with all sorts of error conditions. For example, it can simulate …
MS Windows and embedded systems
"Based on Windows XP-Embedded, the portable device allows users to simulate WAN connections with all sorts of error conditions."
That must be the first time Windows actually makes sense as the OS for an embedded system...
There are free alternatives
NISTnet (Linux-based) has been available for a decade (your tax dollars at work), and dummynet (BSD-based) is another option.
When your reputation depends on it...
We use Itheon's WAN emulators to help people correctly size International WANs costing 10s of thousands a year. Whilst I agree there are many useful free tools available, if I used one as the basis for such important recommendations and got it wrong I'd be out of a job!
I'm looking forward to trying the new smaller lighter model - Oh, and staying employed.
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- DINOSAUR SLAYER asteroid strike was DEVILISHLY inconvenient timing
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it