Itheon has brought out a compact version of its network emulator technology for developers who need to check how their games or applications will perform in the real world. Based on Windows XP-Embedded, the portable device allows users to simulate WAN connections with all sorts of error conditions. For example, it can simulate …
MS Windows and embedded systems
"Based on Windows XP-Embedded, the portable device allows users to simulate WAN connections with all sorts of error conditions."
That must be the first time Windows actually makes sense as the OS for an embedded system...
There are free alternatives
NISTnet (Linux-based) has been available for a decade (your tax dollars at work), and dummynet (BSD-based) is another option.
When your reputation depends on it...
We use Itheon's WAN emulators to help people correctly size International WANs costing 10s of thousands a year. Whilst I agree there are many useful free tools available, if I used one as the basis for such important recommendations and got it wrong I'd be out of a job!
I'm looking forward to trying the new smaller lighter model - Oh, and staying employed.
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops