Feeds

back to article HD DVD 'popular with Europeans', trade body claims

Toshiba's HD DVD players account for 74 per cent of European sales of next-gen optical disc players, the local wing of the HD DVD Promotion Group proudly announced this week. But what it crucially neglected to say was 74 per cent of what? 1m units? 100,000? 10,000? 1000? 10? Without that crucial unit shipments figure, the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

HD-DVD group still living in denial then?

If it were my job to promote HD-DVD I would be ignoring the PS3 as well.

I would love to know how many PS3 Blu Ray remotes have been sold. I would be willing to bet its a higher figure than the 2,500 stand alone HD-DVD players that were sold in the UK by march this year.

High Def, eh?

Well, I'm sure there are lots of people who are waiting for the two lot (Blu-Ray and HD-DVD) to stop acting like spoiled brats and agree to standards before taking the leap and spend hundreds of pounds on expensive DVD players which may or may not play on your HD TV (because of the sodding DRM).

Me, I' would love it if the whole thing were a flop. I can wait for a few more months (or possibly even years) for a universal format that is not crippled by "draconian DRM" (as I saw it described recently). "Standard" is not THAT bad ;)

This topic is closed for new posts.