Public sector buyers of office equipment will have to apply strict energy efficiency criteria after MEPs passed new procurement rules. The European Parliament adopted new regulations based on its Energy Star programme on 10 July. Under the new rules, EU institutions and central government authorities in member states will have …
More thorough analysis needed here...
Isn't EnergyStar a US programme? So the big news here is that the EU is adopting a US set of standards, which isn't even mentioned in your piece. Also you don't say whether the standard which will be used is the new more rigorous EnergyStar 4.0 or an earlier version. Come on, get with the game!
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders