What more do you want from a GPS unit than the ability to get you from A to B when you haven't got a clue where you are or which way to go? Well, Harman Kardon is hoping that multimedia features will also feature highly on your shopping list as its new Guide+Play GPS-500 also features video and audio playback. Harman Kardon …
Useless WEU-only maps
"Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK" - while I'm sure huge countries like San Marino and Luxembourg will really appreciate this unit, I'm wondering whether did HK get the news about multiple expansions of EU during the past few _years_? If so, what the hell happened to rest of the EU? People travel all around Europe, in case they did not notice... well, it's only HK's loss, I guess, considering the Mid-EU Visegrad 4 (CZ-HU-PL-SK) countries alone represent a 50-60M market, let alone the rest added.
I smell the same typical, good-ol' arrogant ignorance I've seen from most CE companies until the late 90s - but in 2007, when almost every brand name GPS unit maps full of EU and further, it's a no-go, I think, it just doesn't work anymore, not even for starter...
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Bloke buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM
- First Fondle Register journo battles Sydney iPHONE queue, FONDLES BIG 'UN
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab