What more do you want from a GPS unit than the ability to get you from A to B when you haven't got a clue where you are or which way to go? Well, Harman Kardon is hoping that multimedia features will also feature highly on your shopping list as its new Guide+Play GPS-500 also features video and audio playback. Harman Kardon …
Useless WEU-only maps
"Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK" - while I'm sure huge countries like San Marino and Luxembourg will really appreciate this unit, I'm wondering whether did HK get the news about multiple expansions of EU during the past few _years_? If so, what the hell happened to rest of the EU? People travel all around Europe, in case they did not notice... well, it's only HK's loss, I guess, considering the Mid-EU Visegrad 4 (CZ-HU-PL-SK) countries alone represent a 50-60M market, let alone the rest added.
I smell the same typical, good-ol' arrogant ignorance I've seen from most CE companies until the late 90s - but in 2007, when almost every brand name GPS unit maps full of EU and further, it's a no-go, I think, it just doesn't work anymore, not even for starter...
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- Page File Love XKCD? Love science? You'll love a book about science from Randall Munroe
- Facebook to let stalkers unearth buried posts with mobe search