Here's a novel idea: take a regular graphics card and re-style it as a Blu-ray Disc decoder for machines that already have their own, integrated graphics card. That's what board maker Albatron's done with its latest offering. Albatron Blu-ray Decoder Card Not a graphics card, an HD video decoder card, OK? The what-is-says-on- …
Nice Idea, But ....
So if you take blu-ray out of the name all you have is a standard Geforce 8800 GT card. If you get a better graphics card to the one you already have its suppose to accelerate games and make the graphics smoother and faster. As for DX10 compatible, I thought that the Geforce 8 series would already be DX10 compatible.
I'm at a loss what more does it do than an ordinary Geforce 8800 GT?
- Review Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Proof the pen is mightier?
- Nuke plants to rely on PDP-11 code UNTIL 2050!
- Spin doctors brazenly fiddle with tiny bits in front of the neighbours
- Game Theory Out with a bang: The Last of Us lets PS3 exit with head held high
- Flash flaw potentially makes every webcam or laptop a PEEPHOLE