It's upgrade time for VMware's Lab Manager package. The soon-to-IPO company this week pumped out Version 2.5 of its test and development product. The new code includes support for more storage systems, more OSes and more automation. It's a more story likely to please companies struggling with a mess of hardware in their test …
Here's how to do it for free.
Two biggest limitations of Lab Manager, that caused us to use Xen with 802.1q for guest isolation, and iSCSI/ZFS cloning for template images:
1. Isolated groups of virtual guests can't span multiple hosts. Heck, we're doing that now with Xen and 802.1q.
2. You can't use VirtualCenter and Lab Manager to manage the same infrastructure - the one confuses the other. So you pay for ESX, getting DRS, VMware High Availability (HA) and VMware VMotion, but you can't use them.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests