Tivo and Amazon have finally gotten it right. Starting today, TiVo DVR users can download movies from Amazon's Unbox service straight from their television sets - without help from a PC. Users have been shuttling Amazon's Unbox movies to their broadband-connected TiVo digital video recorders since early spring, when the two …
In what way is this story of interest to people in the UK, or for that matter to anyone in the world other than the USA?
Woo Great - Here's me waving the smallest flag in the world.
Yeah, great, and back in the UK we're stuck with going to the video shop, ordering off the internet and waiting for it to be delivered, buying a dodgy DVD, or downloading illegally.
Come back to me when this launches in the UK.
All purchases are stored online by Amazon
The better to track what you buy and how often you watch it.
Come back TiVo
I love my UK TiVo series 1 but I think I'd have almost indecent amounts of love for one of the newer models.
Is no UK media provider interested in licencing TiVo for their own set-top boxes? Sky is out - partly because it did such a crappy job on marketing the original box, but also because it wants to flog its (in many ways inferior) Sky+ box; but surely the likes of Branson need something to distinguish their own offerings.
- Tricked by satire? Get all your news from Facebook? You're in luck, dummy
- Google straps on Jetpac: An app to find hipsters, women in foreign cities
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- The Return of BSOD: Does ANYONE trust Microsoft patches?
- Munich considers dumping Linux for ... GULP ... Windows!