Australian gaming behemoth Tabcorp achieved a milestone of sorts last week with its announcement that it had for the first time surpassed Aus $1bn in annual internet revenues, Casinocitytimes.com has reported. The figure constituted a 23 per cent increase over the previous fiscal year. Nonetheless, the company still lags behind …
After the Lottery
After witnessing first hand what damage a state lottery can do I find myself quite complacent about the U.S.'s backwards gambling market.
Don't get me wrong I like to gamble (poker with friends - yeah I'm old school like that) it just seems my fellow countrymen don't know how to reign it all in.
I agree. Of course, what's happened here in Texas is that players for the Texas lottery have gone down, while players for Mega Millions (for which Tejas gets a smaller cut) have gone up. So the Lottery Commission is pushing the Texas Lottery harder.
Every ad ends with "play responsibly" and the back of every ticket and scratch&sniff has the phone number of GA.
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of huge BULGE FOUND ON MOON is solved