Australian gaming behemoth Tabcorp achieved a milestone of sorts last week with its announcement that it had for the first time surpassed Aus $1bn in annual internet revenues, Casinocitytimes.com has reported. The figure constituted a 23 per cent increase over the previous fiscal year. Nonetheless, the company still lags behind …
After the Lottery
After witnessing first hand what damage a state lottery can do I find myself quite complacent about the U.S.'s backwards gambling market.
Don't get me wrong I like to gamble (poker with friends - yeah I'm old school like that) it just seems my fellow countrymen don't know how to reign it all in.
I agree. Of course, what's happened here in Texas is that players for the Texas lottery have gone down, while players for Mega Millions (for which Tejas gets a smaller cut) have gone up. So the Lottery Commission is pushing the Texas Lottery harder.
Every ad ends with "play responsibly" and the back of every ticket and scratch&sniff has the phone number of GA.
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Three offers free US roaming, confirms stealth 4G rollout
- Justin Bieber BEGGED for a $200k RIM JOB – and got REJECTED
- Review Bigger on the inside: WD’s Tardis-like Black² Dual Drive laptop disk