Aardman Animation has bought network monitoring gear from Network Instruments to help detect and fix problems on the high-bandwidth links that connect its four sites in Bristol. The company says that, as well as handling CGI files and database replication, its 10Mbit/s extended LAN supports a wide variety of creative …
Another El Reg advertisement
My company just rolled out Nod32 to 250 users. Do you want an official statement?
Did Open Reality pay for this advert? Or was the paper thin disguise as a 'press release' sufficient?
Whilst I like Aardman Animation's work, this has little to do with it and is hardly a major deployment or an early adoption of a key new technology, a more honest version might read;
"Aardman Animation has bought some software to monitor the not particularly large or fast network between its four sites in Bristol. It might buy some hardware too.
Aardman's new head of IT chose the software because had used it before."
Earth shattering news....
I thought their top technician was called Gromit.
I thought that....
.....Wallace and Gromit built all their own hardware? Mind you those NASA trousers would be handy getting up a comms riser - as long as BOFH hasn't got the PFY jammed up there again
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests