Intrepid Brit adventurer David Hempleman-Adams this morning broke the distance record for a AA-06 (37,000 cu ft) helium balloon, having by 4am travelled 3,434km across the Atlantic, thereby claiming the FAI (Federation Aeronautique Internationale) crown. David Hempleman-Adams aboard his balloon Hempleman-Adams, 50, set off …
Why the ginger nuts ?
I can understand that pork scratchings contain all the necessary nutrients for a balanced balloon diet (got to have something to get it back down), but ginger nuts ? What's good in those ?
Better to have brought cashews, in my opinion. Try it next time with cashews, and I'm sure you'll go farther.
The competition and the expression derive from the same guy - see
Also, maybe we need another entry in El Reg's english dictionary for ginger nuts - for Brits, that's a kind of biscuit.
Get some sleep!
Quote from the pilot's blog: "This basket is cramped. It's four ft by four ft, smaller than the size of most people's dining rooms"
This suggests there are sub 4' x 4' dining rooms out there. Anybody seen one? Maybe he meant to say dining tables. I don't think he's getting much sleep up there...
"while surviving on a typically British diet of pork scratchings and ginger nuts"
Over the course of x days, one assumes that the pork scratchings and ginger nuts have to be expelled. Glad I'm not standing anywhere under his line of flight.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?
- Three offers free US roaming, confirms stealth 4G rollout