A former US government lab worker has admitted stalking Linkin Park lead singer Chester Bennington after using computing hacking tactics to obtain data on her target. Devon Townsend, 28, from Albuquerque, New Mexico, confessed to using government computers to break into the email account of the singer and hacking into the …
Government lab worker?
You might mention Sandia is the national high-energy physics lab, so thermonuclear devices, nuclear fusion and suchlike is their thing!
It's like the NASA case all over again, but luckily not someone with a broken mind still working in very sensitive position.
I liked the warning they had, `Do not look directly into laser beam with remaining eye'.
In the End it doesnt even matter
and thats just a sample of what people who have too much power over information about <i>us</i> may be able to do. Imagine a celebrity like Chester been surveiled like that, what would had happened if any of the <i>common</i> civilians like us would be in that position? Obviously nothing. You would just had the illusion that your privacy is secure but it wouldnt be.
Wired had an in depth article about the entire episode a couple of issues ago.....
"confessed to using government computers to break into the email account "
Sorry how does that work?
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Microsoft refuses to confirm 'Windows 9' unzip lip slip
- Netflix swallows yet another bitter pill, inks peering deal with TWC
- Barnes & Noble: Swallow a Samsung Nook tablet, please ... pretty please