back to article Wireless gadget maker to offer on-the-move internet for free

Canadian mobile internet gadget maker DataWind is coming to Europe this month on the back of the second generation of its Pocket Surfer wireless web browser, Register Hardware has learned. And it's promising "the internet anywhere... for free". DataWind Pocket Surfer 2 Wireless internet for free: DataWind's Pocket Surfer 2 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Or Just By a Nokia E90

Bigger screen too at 800x352 pixels/24 bit and it's a proper phone.

The switch to the S60 interface gives you a lot of add-on applications and a little smaller in the pocket at 13.2 x 5.7 x 2cm (though +13.6g).

interesting

If they can really offer free internet access and have the phone part built in iso. requiring a bluetooth enabled phone, I want one.

For Free

So you just have to pay for the Internet access then? .

I guess for free refers to the Telecom company who have no handsets that offer internet so can offer access to their wireless internet at no cost to themselves.

Compression - pah

I've been using a web browser on my Palm for years - and it came pre-configured to use a compressing proxy. The results suck - big time. Many sites were rendered completely unusable rather than just "rather bad".

Why ? Well ever noticed all those pretty icons instead of text labels to click on ? Well yes, the compression engine happily renders all the icons down so that you can't tell what any of them do - so you have to go direct and get "the real thing" !

Foleo?

Isn't this a Foleo with a smaller screen and compression (that's already done by most servers isn't it, current browsers support it anyway). Since both are updated clones of either an HP820 or Psion Netbook , you choose, can I suggest to Verizon this is clearly a patent opportunity?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums