Capex investment on pre-4G wireless systems will reach a cumulative total of $13bn by 2012 if new spectrum allocations, and technology roll-outs, stay on schedule. The main systems attracting this global spend will be 802.16e and its successor 802.16m, and LTE. However, while the latter will see a strong uptick in growth from …
Of course China ...
... will be pushing their own standard. And the government owns the IP and if you are making parts or products in China you'll have to use them. They've already tried this with WiFi, or their equivalent thereof. If we aren't careful, India will be next and before we know it, we'll experience the Balkanization of "standards". This is already happening with documents. How many "standards" are there for the underlying support of 3G?
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests