Capex investment on pre-4G wireless systems will reach a cumulative total of $13bn by 2012 if new spectrum allocations, and technology roll-outs, stay on schedule. The main systems attracting this global spend will be 802.16e and its successor 802.16m, and LTE. However, while the latter will see a strong uptick in growth from …
Of course China ...
... will be pushing their own standard. And the government owns the IP and if you are making parts or products in China you'll have to use them. They've already tried this with WiFi, or their equivalent thereof. If we aren't careful, India will be next and before we know it, we'll experience the Balkanization of "standards". This is already happening with documents. How many "standards" are there for the underlying support of 3G?
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network