On-line shopping is the nation's favourite use for a PC, and over-55s are the UK's most frequent computer users, according to an on-line survey sponsored by Microsoft. Fully 95 percent of over-55s claimed that they went on-line every day, compared to 85 percent of 16-24 year-olds. Indeed, 77 percent of the older group go on- …
55 isn't old
Cheeky young whippersnapper!
I'm a few years short of 55 myself, but I still think it's offensive to label the over-55s as "oldies".
As to the fact that only 10 per cent of over-55s use their computer to watch TV, compared to 50 per cent of 16-24 year olds, that's probably because the over-55s have the sense to realise that you get better picture and sound quality if you watch TV on ... an actual TV.
nation of shoppers?
The last time someone suggested that, he ended up in solitary, with arsenic in his food. A propos, how is Microsoft doing in Russia?
I think you will find that Bonny said that we were a nation of Shopkeppers!
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast
- Tim Cook: The classic iPod HAD to DIE, and this is WHY