Internet phone service specialist EQO has added BlackBerry to the list of around 400 handsets that it says can now make local-rate or free international calls - without using Wi-Fi or VOIP to the handset. Users also get cheap text messaging and free access to all the popular IM services, the company said. EQO's service uses a …
If you change the company name from EQO to iSkoot and the CEO's name you could have a second story. There is a difference, iSkoot support Treo's with a native app as well as a Java implemenation for the other mfrs handsets. Both need a data plan to do the call setup and IM, neither need wifi to achieve this (read no new handsets) so it's to the benefit of the customer rather than the mfr.
Just use Telediscount instead
Anyone can get low-cost international calling from any phone by calling Telediscount on 08452 449 449. Easier than faffing about with this kind of stuff.
Say no to 0845!
I hope the previous poster isn't a shill for Telediscount...
Most mobile tariffs won't let you call 0845 numbers using your inclusive minutes, so services like this can still be a relatively expensive way to call abroad.
It should be cheaper and easier to use a service like EQO or iSkoot as they use local numbers, so it goes onto your inclusive minutes, and they also take away the need to dial the access number.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast