Feeds

back to article Scots police raid Honeywell for alleged music piracy

Strathclyde Police raided the Motherwell offices of engineering firm Honeywell this morning after a member of staff tipped off the BPI that company servers were hosting a "major filesharing network". An employee is being questioned by police and company servers have been imaged for forensic purposes. The BPI reckons thousands …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

Stop wasting tax payers money

Leave music copyright policing to the greedy recording industry and stop wasting my tax money policing piracy in such a frivolous industry there is no need.

Music existed and indeed was beautiful long before copyright and will exist with out it. I love my music and indeed make my own but I can think of alot better things the police could be doing, like rescuing a cat from a tree or something.

Government really needs to stop pandering to the corprats and get back to what they are meant for, serving the people.

Anonymous Coward

Fire him!

What a wanker - I hope they fire the "Honeywell staffer" who tipped off the McFuzz.

Is that the same Honeywell as...

the honeywell mentioned here? http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/06/29/dalek_tech_goes_mainstream/

as that would probably explain why no-one can get to their website today!

Me

What a wally

What kind of twat shops their own work colleagues so that some faceless recording company can eran what will amount to a tiny bit of extra cash.

Like the other guy said, "What a wanker".

Law

omg

It's not like he gets a reward.... maybe he was just upset and decided to get his own back when an entire company laughed at him for his Celine Dion collection!! lol

This topic is closed for new posts.