Strathclyde Police raided the Motherwell offices of engineering firm Honeywell this morning after a member of staff tipped off the BPI that company servers were hosting a "major filesharing network". An employee is being questioned by police and company servers have been imaged for forensic purposes. The BPI reckons thousands …
Stop wasting tax payers money
Leave music copyright policing to the greedy recording industry and stop wasting my tax money policing piracy in such a frivolous industry there is no need.
Music existed and indeed was beautiful long before copyright and will exist with out it. I love my music and indeed make my own but I can think of alot better things the police could be doing, like rescuing a cat from a tree or something.
Government really needs to stop pandering to the corprats and get back to what they are meant for, serving the people.
What a wanker - I hope they fire the "Honeywell staffer" who tipped off the McFuzz.
Is that the same Honeywell as...
the honeywell mentioned here? http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/06/29/dalek_tech_goes_mainstream/
as that would probably explain why no-one can get to their website today!
What a wally
What kind of twat shops their own work colleagues so that some faceless recording company can eran what will amount to a tiny bit of extra cash.
Like the other guy said, "What a wanker".
It's not like he gets a reward.... maybe he was just upset and decided to get his own back when an entire company laughed at him for his Celine Dion collection!! lol
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16