Air France and KLM have launched a mobile phone check-in service using SMS for confirmation. Initially the service will be available on departures from almost all metropolitan France and European airports, on Air France and KLM short and medium-haul flights. It should be extended to the entire network later this year. …
they send you an MMS with the barcode if you check a box on the online ticket form.
Turkish Airlines has done this
Turkish Airlines has been letting its customer mobile check-in for over 2 years now. What is the big deal that Reg is publishing this article.
"Fast" bag drop
The "Fast Bag Drop" counter is just the same old check-in counter with a different name. Unless you're travelling with hand luggage only, the only advantage of online/mobile check-in is you can try to bag your favourite window seat a few hours earlier - saving all of ten seconds at the counter after waiting in a twenty minute queue. The downside is no opportunity to try to charm your way into a free upgrade.
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs