Air France and KLM have launched a mobile phone check-in service using SMS for confirmation. Initially the service will be available on departures from almost all metropolitan France and European airports, on Air France and KLM short and medium-haul flights. It should be extended to the entire network later this year. …
they send you an MMS with the barcode if you check a box on the online ticket form.
Turkish Airlines has done this
Turkish Airlines has been letting its customer mobile check-in for over 2 years now. What is the big deal that Reg is publishing this article.
"Fast" bag drop
The "Fast Bag Drop" counter is just the same old check-in counter with a different name. Unless you're travelling with hand luggage only, the only advantage of online/mobile check-in is you can try to bag your favourite window seat a few hours earlier - saving all of ten seconds at the counter after waiting in a twenty minute queue. The downside is no opportunity to try to charm your way into a free upgrade.
- One HUNDRED FAMOUS LADIES exposed NUDE online
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- Twitter: La la la, we have not heard of any NUDE JLaw, Upton SELFIES
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Apple to devs: NO slurping users' HEALTH for sale to Dark Powers