Air France and KLM have launched a mobile phone check-in service using SMS for confirmation. Initially the service will be available on departures from almost all metropolitan France and European airports, on Air France and KLM short and medium-haul flights. It should be extended to the entire network later this year. …
they send you an MMS with the barcode if you check a box on the online ticket form.
Turkish Airlines has done this
Turkish Airlines has been letting its customer mobile check-in for over 2 years now. What is the big deal that Reg is publishing this article.
"Fast" bag drop
The "Fast Bag Drop" counter is just the same old check-in counter with a different name. Unless you're travelling with hand luggage only, the only advantage of online/mobile check-in is you can try to bag your favourite window seat a few hours earlier - saving all of ten seconds at the counter after waiting in a twenty minute queue. The downside is no opportunity to try to charm your way into a free upgrade.
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Google's new cloud CRUSHES Amazon in RAM battle
- Beijing leans on Microsoft to maintain Windows XP support
- 'Big Data' analysis Think Amazon is CHEAP? Just take a look at these cloudy graphs...