Three years after its last major reorganization, Nokia has announced another one, as new CEO Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo seeks to stamp his mark further on the firm and accelerate the push towards being a mobile internet company, his stated objective. This time, Nokia is to recombine all its handset activities into one unit, called …
Does this mean differs? Or am I missing what the new strategy is differentiating between?
You're quite right
It should just be "differs".
This is the kind of mangling that language gets in the hands of analysts trying very hard to sound intelligent.
It's the same sort of thing that drives American lawyers to say "burglarisation" instead of "burglary". By the same linguistic logic, you get to work by driverising your car.
He wants to do this by when: 2004???
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES on 24 July
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- White? Male? You work in tech? Let us guess ... Twitter? We KNEW it!
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU