Three years after its last major reorganization, Nokia has announced another one, as new CEO Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo seeks to stamp his mark further on the firm and accelerate the push towards being a mobile internet company, his stated objective. This time, Nokia is to recombine all its handset activities into one unit, called …
Does this mean differs? Or am I missing what the new strategy is differentiating between?
You're quite right
It should just be "differs".
This is the kind of mangling that language gets in the hands of analysts trying very hard to sound intelligent.
It's the same sort of thing that drives American lawyers to say "burglarisation" instead of "burglary". By the same linguistic logic, you get to work by driverising your car.
He wants to do this by when: 2004???
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'