The UK, Europe and the US are planning to belt and brace their border databases by using multiple forms of biometrics to identify people. While a set of fingerprints might be considered enough to tell one person from another, the trio expect to be eventually back this up with iris scans and mug shots. Frank Paul, head of large …
Iris for airports
at a quiet Biometrics Lab, somewhere in the EU, we quite like the Iris-Scan as it's one of the fastest biometrics especially when you have a 16Kg suitcase in each hand, yet you're able to just glance down into the reader!
What if you wear glasses/contacts?
So, does this mean you now have to remove your contacts before getting to security.
I can see train and boat travel becoming all the rage again in the next 20 years!
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER