Feeds

back to article Dell dances out with desktop Inspirons

Wedged underneath the excitement of Dell's latest Inspiron and XPS notebook announcement, is a new line of Inspiron desktops that could actually give you some decent performance - if you don't mind being tied to your desk, that is. The infamously direct-only PC builder has so far taken the wraps off two models in the series: …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

Vista?

Vista? Meanwhile, internally, Dell is still an XP shop, including new roll outs.

Yet again we see the UK ‘pay the price’!

By my calculations, with the current rate of exchange, $349 = £174.50

OK, I know that it is not just Dell doing this but I am a bit ‘pissed off’ at the moment and I’m even typing this on a Dell – whose kit I actually like.

Silver badge

Not for the U.K.?

Following the links to Inspiron with Linux and you end up with the prices in dollars and a little Stars and Stripes letting you know you've crossed the Atlantic.

Either it's still not for us over here or the website hasn't been sorted yet.

I wonder which one it is?

Anonymous Coward

Blu Ray - we seek it here, we seek it there...

Maybe Blu Ray is a "virtual option" - i.e. in the press release only, however, it doesn't seem to be an option either in the UK or the US on the Dell web sites...

Why Inspiron?

What does Dell have to gain by taking their laptop brand and slapping it on a desktop? They already have an established brand for their consumer level desktops - Dimension - which arguably is more well known than Inspiron. In any case, I don't see anything so special about these machines anyway.

This topic is closed for new posts.