Google is offering charities and not-for-profit organisations the chance to use Google Earth without paying the earth. Google Earth Outreach will offer charities an easy way to add Google Earth layers - effectively a personalised version of the application. It includes online training in adding layers, video tutorials and case …
I was excited until I read the 'US-based only' bit. You would have thought that with all the pretty maps they have, Google management would have learnt by now that there's a world outside the USA.
US based... US company
it takes a lot of paperwork to roll out stuff for non-profits... considering it's a US company... I bet they found it easier to roll out in the US first... I would wager that they may offer other countries' non-profits a break in the not too distant future
Re; US Based
You mean like Baseball WORLD Series competition, because the world outside the US is well known for it's baseball.
What did you think the embargo on Cuba was about? :-)
Re; US Based
"You mean like Baseball WORLD Series competition"
Apparently they have a couple of games against Canada, thus justifying the 'world' tag.
And then the Japanese beat the US! Who should be the World Series champion then?
- On the matter of shooting down Amazon delivery drones with shotguns
- Review Bring Your Own Disks: The Synology DS214 network storage box
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene
- IT MELTDOWN ruins Cyber Monday for RBS, Natwest customers
- Google's new cloud CRUSHES Amazon in RAM battle