A tiny open source company is lining up to become the latest roadblock to database vendors happily charging enterprises fat software licenses. High-availability specialist Terracotta is today expected to significantly expand the addressable market for its low-priced software appliance with support for IBM's WebSphere, WebSphere …
"claims it can undercut the database approach by up to a fifth"
Might as well stop there and read something more worthwhile then eh?
Link to Terracotta's site
The company name is a little generic so: http://www.terracottatech.com/
Link to Terracotta Open Source Site
Terracotta is open source, the open source site is at http://www.terracotta.org
What's an 'addressable market'?
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON