A tiny open source company is lining up to become the latest roadblock to database vendors happily charging enterprises fat software licenses. High-availability specialist Terracotta is today expected to significantly expand the addressable market for its low-priced software appliance with support for IBM's WebSphere, WebSphere …
"claims it can undercut the database approach by up to a fifth"
Might as well stop there and read something more worthwhile then eh?
Link to Terracotta's site
The company name is a little generic so: http://www.terracottatech.com/
Link to Terracotta Open Source Site
Terracotta is open source, the open source site is at http://www.terracotta.org
What's an 'addressable market'?
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Yes, UK. Johnny Foreigner has better mobe services than you