A tiny open source company is lining up to become the latest roadblock to database vendors happily charging enterprises fat software licenses. High-availability specialist Terracotta is today expected to significantly expand the addressable market for its low-priced software appliance with support for IBM's WebSphere, WebSphere …
"claims it can undercut the database approach by up to a fifth"
Might as well stop there and read something more worthwhile then eh?
Link to Terracotta's site
The company name is a little generic so: http://www.terracottatech.com/
Link to Terracotta Open Source Site
Terracotta is open source, the open source site is at http://www.terracotta.org
What's an 'addressable market'?
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad
- I KNOW how to SAVE Microsoft. Give Windows 8 away for FREE – analyst