A tiny open source company is lining up to become the latest roadblock to database vendors happily charging enterprises fat software licenses. High-availability specialist Terracotta is today expected to significantly expand the addressable market for its low-priced software appliance with support for IBM's WebSphere, WebSphere …
"claims it can undercut the database approach by up to a fifth"
Might as well stop there and read something more worthwhile then eh?
Link to Terracotta's site
The company name is a little generic so: http://www.terracottatech.com/
Link to Terracotta Open Source Site
Terracotta is open source, the open source site is at http://www.terracotta.org
What's an 'addressable market'?
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- Every billionaire needs a PANZER TANK, right? STOP THERE, Paul Allen
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch