Your digital camera is more powerful than you think. Using the basic concepts of digital photography, Intel researchers are reinventing the art of silicon lithography – the technique used to etch circuit patterns onto PC microprocessors. The company's new "pixelated masks" method - showcased this week at Intel's annual R&D day …
Reflections on Diffraction
I'd like to see tha patent filing for that: as far as I understand the relevant physics, the smaller the aperture the greater the diffraction. So the gains available are very limited.
RE; Reflections on Diffraction
Not really. It seems that by "drilling" a specific pattern of holes into some optical materials weird effects can be created. This is how a negative index of refraction can be obtained. I think it is therefore quite likely that they are actually using diffraction to their advantage.
I am not an expert and I hope someone with specific knowledge of photonics and photonic crystals would comment.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast