Your digital camera is more powerful than you think. Using the basic concepts of digital photography, Intel researchers are reinventing the art of silicon lithography – the technique used to etch circuit patterns onto PC microprocessors. The company's new "pixelated masks" method - showcased this week at Intel's annual R&D day …
Reflections on Diffraction
I'd like to see tha patent filing for that: as far as I understand the relevant physics, the smaller the aperture the greater the diffraction. So the gains available are very limited.
RE; Reflections on Diffraction
Not really. It seems that by "drilling" a specific pattern of holes into some optical materials weird effects can be created. This is how a negative index of refraction can be obtained. I think it is therefore quite likely that they are actually using diffraction to their advantage.
I am not an expert and I hope someone with specific knowledge of photonics and photonic crystals would comment.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests