The space shuttle Atlantis touched down at Edwards Air Force Base in California at 15:49 local time (19:49 GMT) today after bad weather forced a diversion from the planned landing at Florida's Kennedy Space Center. Atlantis touches down at Edwards AFB. Photo: NASA The safe homecoming ended a two-week mission to the ISS, and a …
Timezones can be tricky!
The shuttle touched down at 15:49 Eastern Time, which may be local for the NASA press office, but is not local for California time. I'm reading the article at 14:55 local time, and for a moment thought a space/time warp was letting me read a future copy of El Reg.
Turns out it is just poor Math/Geography skills.
At least you guys are reporting this correctly. The BBC had a big BREAKING NEWS icon with the headline "Atlantis hits Earth in California". Totally stupid considering what happened with Columbia. I took screen shots of it because I was so unimpressed! You guys get better and better and the BBC turn into the Sun of the news world.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests