The space shuttle Atlantis touched down at Edwards Air Force Base in California at 15:49 local time (19:49 GMT) today after bad weather forced a diversion from the planned landing at Florida's Kennedy Space Center. Atlantis touches down at Edwards AFB. Photo: NASA The safe homecoming ended a two-week mission to the ISS, and a …
Timezones can be tricky!
The shuttle touched down at 15:49 Eastern Time, which may be local for the NASA press office, but is not local for California time. I'm reading the article at 14:55 local time, and for a moment thought a space/time warp was letting me read a future copy of El Reg.
Turns out it is just poor Math/Geography skills.
At least you guys are reporting this correctly. The BBC had a big BREAKING NEWS icon with the headline "Atlantis hits Earth in California". Totally stupid considering what happened with Columbia. I took screen shots of it because I was so unimpressed! You guys get better and better and the BBC turn into the Sun of the news world.
- Breaking news: Google exec in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE