As soon as 63-year old Russell Defreitas was arrested in early June for an alleged plot to destroy JFK through fuel explosions, terror beat journalists couldn't resist their favorite hobby: telling stories about how everything in the US is at risk. The description "elderly patsy" immediately came to mind when eyeballing …
"Portrait of the Modern Terrorist as an Idiot" by Bruce Schneier
A good read on the plot against JFK (apparently the terros weren't sure whether the were hitting the place or the man):
NY JFK Pipeline
In the case of Russell Defreitas, of course exploding kerosene tanks would cause some issues; but the majority of media emphasises were on the "unthinkable effect" of blowing pipeline burried under NY crowded areas. That would be if Russell Defreitas was a total genius and discovered a way to detonate kerosene without any need for oxygen as the pipe are... burried (and I'm not a NY soil specialist but I don't think the city is build on thin air).
Iraq collapse - new WMD threat
Oh my gosh ! Are we going to have to invade it again ?
As for New York, it's not built on thin air, it's built on hot air. ;-)
Practice makes perfect.
Yes, and you'll have to invade again and again until you get it right!
... would a fart be classified as a biological weapon?
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Apple flings iOS 8.1 at world+dog: Our AMAZEBALLS 9-step installation guide