The space shuttle Atlantis is packing up and heading for home. The bird is due to land at Florida's Kennedy Space Centre this afternoon, but the exact time of the landing will depend on weather conditions. Hollywood smiles from the Atlantis' crew. Credit NASA TV Hollywood smiles from the Atlantis' crew. Credit NASA TV The …
"NASA has not said what will happen if the weather is still looking bad by the time the second landing window rolls around,"
Yes they have. The Shuttle will stay in orbit until tomorrow and try again.
Friday allows four attempts. Two in Florida and two in California.
Seven possible landings on Saturday. Two in Florida, two in California, and three in New Mexico.
The Shuttle can stay in orbit until Sunday, but short of a serious emergency, it won't happen.
If they can't land in Florida today or tomorrow, I expect it to land in California tomorrow.
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- Bose says today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent battle