The space shuttle Atlantis is packing up and heading for home. The bird is due to land at Florida's Kennedy Space Centre this afternoon, but the exact time of the landing will depend on weather conditions. Hollywood smiles from the Atlantis' crew. Credit NASA TV Hollywood smiles from the Atlantis' crew. Credit NASA TV The …
"NASA has not said what will happen if the weather is still looking bad by the time the second landing window rolls around,"
Yes they have. The Shuttle will stay in orbit until tomorrow and try again.
Friday allows four attempts. Two in Florida and two in California.
Seven possible landings on Saturday. Two in Florida, two in California, and three in New Mexico.
The Shuttle can stay in orbit until Sunday, but short of a serious emergency, it won't happen.
If they can't land in Florida today or tomorrow, I expect it to land in California tomorrow.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Product round-up The Glorious Resolution: Feast your eyes on 5 HiDPI laptops